We are science led investors, focusing on innovative technologies in areas of high unmet need. Unconstrained by institution, geography or stage of company development, we have the ability to source the best life science innovation without restriction.
Novel therapeutics with first or best in class approach.
We focus on on investing in high impact science, which has the potential to improve outcomes for patients.
Unconstrained approach to sourcing innovation. Arix benefits from extensive global networks including deep VC and biotech networks, pharmaceutical and academic partners
Extensive global networks provide easy access to the best life science innovation across the globe
Stage of Development
Flexible to the point of entry. We invest in seed stage companies, preclinical and clinical stage assets – private or public
Identify and build the next generation of biotech companies around high impact science
- We collaborate with exceptional scientists, researchers and academic institutions to turn scientific discoveries into successful biotech start-up companies.
- We take a hands-on approach, either in an operational role or through a board seat. We can help secure initial funding, develop business strategy, make connections and recruit experienced and talented management.
Early and late stage venture capital
- We provide flexible, long-term capital to exceptional entrepreneurs building the next generation of breakthrough biotech companies.
- We take a hands-on approach when we invest, provide access to our global networks and position our companies for growth and clinical success.
Venture Investments in Public Equity (VIPEs)
- There are many undervalued small public companies running out of cash and some outstanding technologies are hidden in 'orphaned' companies. Recapitalising and rebuilding such companies can lead to significant investment returns.
- We take a significant stake and a board seat when we invest, just as we would with a typical venture investment. We play an active role in the company and facilitate introductions to potential partners and acquirers through our extensive global networks.
How we Add Value to Our Portfolio Companies
Flexible Long Term Capital
As a public company we are able take a longer term view than our non listed peers. We focus on creating value, with a flexible approach to the length of time that we retain an ownership stake in our portfolio companies. This cushions our portfolio companies against the normal volatility in funding for life sciences companies, while allowing us to pursue the optimal course of action in order to capture value for our shareholders.
We take a hands-on approach to investing and provide more than just capital when we invest. We take a board seat and play an active role to help our companies as they grow. From developing a business strategy, recruiting experienced management, securing additional funding and drug development to navigating the regulatory process and IPO, we strive to be collaborative and meaningful board members at all stages of development.
Through our extensive global networks we can provide our portfolio companies with access to potential acquirers and partners, as well as the additional capital, expertise and networks they need to become global leaders.